My musings on crafts, design, being a mommy, and all things sarcastic =)

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ladybug Birthday Party

On March 31st Peyton turned One! So I put together my first children's birthday party ever!
This was all pre-silhouette so everything had to be cut/dreamed up by hand. Ahh to think of
what I could have done with the machine. Next time.

"Guess How Many?" Jars....just need candy, ribbon, hot glue, paint for the lid, image for the lid, wooden die-cut. I'm keeping this one bookmarked for future "Teacher Gift"
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Goody Bags
(Toys and treats for the kids, smaller bags with ladybug mints for the adults)
Chocolate covered pretzels


Oreo Cakester Ladybugs. Recipe here
Ladybug Bruschetta...this was my favorite..I made three plates but I could have eaten them all...
Recipe Here


Cupcakes =)

"Older Kids" activity table

Antennae for all. (Some of us wore them out to dinner that night)
Entrance table with "Guess How Many" jars, treats (including black and red licorice), personalized water bottles, and photo slideshow of Peyton's first year via ipad.

The kids had a "ladybug band"

2 comments:

  1. Mm! Yum! I wish I could just taste it. Did you make all of this at home? Can you share the recipe as well? We are celebrating my parents 25th anniversary this year in one of the prettiest event venues Chicago. I would love to bake these cupcakes for them.

    ReplyDelete