My musings on crafts, design, being a mommy, and all things sarcastic =)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

July 4th Ideas

The Fourth of July is only three weeks away! I tried to find some unique ideas, and not the standard "cake with strawberry and blueberries on top" flag. I myself will be driving back from Charleston on the 4th (after 10 days of vacation I have to work on the 5th) so I will not be planning any shin-digs.


Rustic Beadboard Flag from Brown Paper Packages (Full Tutorial)

I made similar skewers for Memorial Day, but I used Strawerries, blackberries, and bananas. (Although I do like marshmellow idea). I realized blueberries cost about 3X as much as blackberries. You could even shape these like a flag if you want to do the whole flag thing, like so


Good idea for any holiday! Dollar store votives+ vinyl+ Silhouette


Free July 4th Printables, including this cute silverware holder above.

Pretty Patriotic Paper Pinwheels Printable (say THAT 5 times fast)

Recipe at Oopsey Daisy (if you can't figure it out on your own).

Champagne or Wine Cooler with blueberries/blackberries and strawberries in it....brilliant


I LOVE this bleach shirt idea! Full tutorial to make any occaison bleach shirts from Fireflies and Jellybeans

Dollar store candles and colored rubberbands to make these pretty patterned votives!

DIY Tin Can Windsock your kids can help with from Under the Table and Dreaming (just typing that phrase has put DMB in my head for the remainder of the day)


Make a candle crate as seen at Frugal Life Project
More free Fourth Printables from Tweedle D Designs
Cheesecake bars- this includes a full cheesecake recipe

The best looking trifle I've found
Brilliant favor idea from Eighteen 25. Printable here.
Sand candles tutorial abridged from Martha Stewart at Social Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment